Pest Control Sydney Ants
As the majority of ant species prefer sunny climates, our environment is perfect for ants to thrive. Ants are ubiquitous.
Out of around 15,000 ant species and subspecies worldwide, Australia has just over 1,300 known species so far.
The most familiar ant species in Australia are:
- Argentine ants (Myrmecia sp.)
- Black House ant (Ochtellus sp.)
- Bulldog or bull ants (Myrmecia sp.)
- Coastal Brown ant (Myrmecia sp.)
- Garden ant (Lasius niger)
- Ghost ant (Tapinoma melanocephalum)
- Pavement ant (Tetramorium caespitum)
- Pharaoh’s ant (Monomorium pharaonis)
- Whitefooted house ant (Myrmecia sp.)
Ants can be a particular nuisance when they get into your home. Garden or Black ants aren’t thought to carry diseases, the trouble is you don’t know where they’ve been foraging outside, so you won’t want them marching through your food cupboards.
Ants will travel in a wide range searching for food, following trails they have established and clustering around the source of food, becoming a nuisance in homes, organisations and businesses.
Small piles of earth around holes in soil and at the base of exterior walls indicate their origin.
- Track down where they are coming in and seal off the entry point
- Clear up any sticky residues on worktops, because ants are attracted to sweet things.
- Cover up any foodstuffs which could be a food source for ants
Call Wilson’s Pest Control on 0451 590 398 to talk to an expert about ant control or contact us online.